Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Quick Glimpse of the Past...

It's really amazing how time flies... A year ago I was a lowly Yu Ling trying to figure out my way through the bushes of perfect world... Now, though I'm still trying to cope with constant changes, I can say I'm seasoned already. Weathered and toughened by experience, I had a good share of laughter, tears, frustration, anxiety, sorrow, anger, defeat, triumph, and love that I never thought would happen in this Virtual World. Although it's kinda late for a blog like this, well, its better late than never...

Let me take you back what its like when everyone was barely starting....
when i was a cub...
tugudug o! XD
the cubs... way back Open Beta, life seems pretty easy nowadays, we have a lot of high levels to tank, but back then, we're pretty much on our own... And did I mention, No wine... haha Disaster Valley was a 4 Hour ride when you're all 59... and Yao Jings were indispensable that time... My first time with Treasure Grotto, a record breaking 6 hours hahaha... Miss those days...

first pk @ dragon server lotus vs zodiac
The First PK War at Dragon Server, Zodiac vs Lotus...

Photobucket
And oh, this is me... The oldest screenshot of myself that I can find... Lost the older ones since I had to reformat my PC...

As the game progressed, Territorial Wars was introduced to the game. My first time? 'twas with monsters, on Ice Bound land...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

First Lotus TW Video Courtesy of ate Aims (rosenbaum)


And it all began...

The first "major" war as they called it, was between Trinity and Lotus, for Greatwall, where Trinity came out as the victor, this defeat crept into the walls of Lotus, creating cracks that would eventually split the clan apart...

Meanwhile down south, Holy Order also lost to Zodiac on their first encounter.

For months Clans waged war, conquering and getting conquered, ultimately, to qualify for the first Battle for the Jade Nightingale, four clans rose up and made their mark - Holy Order led by Khanum, Trinity under Repsaccer, Zodiac by Junkie and The Lotus Clan, then handled by Egwene...

Slots were drawn and the very first Server match was between Lotus and Holy Order, where the latter emerged as the victor. Zodiac also succumb to Trinity's prowess during the second match...
Although they have good strategies and able players, Trinity were no match for Holy Order at the finals, probably due to level gap as well as better equipments.

And the rest is History as they say, Holy Order pulled a comeback to win the Crown during the inter server championship... and afterwards, conquered the lands of Zodiac and Trinity, forcing the two clans to merge under one banner - Celestial. Hence the epic tale of the Empress versus the two Kings came into life...

One's rise to power is not without the expense of another... Celestial chose the weakened Lotus (then Holy Order's trusted ally) as its prey...

And so it goes... I'll probably write all the details I can remember on a separate post...

On a lighter note, amidst all the hiatus, I was kinda happy getting my fairy... or burger as they call it. Without a doubt, I had my mind set on Hell from the very beginning (the reason why will be posted on a separate article).
Photobucket
Turning 89 after the envoy...

Photobucket
Swan Mountain

Photobucket
Lunar Crystal... Hmmm, tanked by the gayest Yao Shou ever to hit PW (hehehe peace Louie)

And of course the Dungeon Part
Photobucket

Photobucket
Suing's uncle (the monkey king)

Photobucket
Fire Cloud Fox

Photobucket
Brahma

Photobucket
Dig

Photobucket
Final Step

Photobucket
The first time I stepped inside Helldom...

Photobucket
New Esteem Deserves a New Look, don't you think... hehe

Photobucket


And so, as the story goes On, the long awaited dusk patch arrived (finally after waiting for months)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And then Frost City, and then now, Moon Valley...

Which transports me now back to the present...

Well, that was a long one, but kinda nostalgic...

"A picture oftentimes become so much more that it brings to life what it has captured, it tells our story, it makes us experience what it is to be right there, and makes us remember that part of our life... In them we see ourselves once more..."

No comments: